Bible verses about God providing
I want a new BMW, new boat, and I want a new Iphone because I have last years model. We must stop treating God as if He was a genie in a bottle. God never says He will provide for your wants, but He makes it clear that He will provide for the needs of His children.
God knows what we need. Sometimes we think we need something, but in actuality we really don’t need it. God is faithful.
Throughout Scripture we see the word ask. God is saying ask me I will provide for you.
This whole time you have been distracted by your problems, but you haven’t come to me in prayer. Talk to me! I want you to trust me.
People will go to the bank and ask for a loan, but won’t go to God to provide for their needs. Many people will have compassion for someone who is in need.
How much more will God help and have compassion for those in the body of Christ. Even if you’re not going through trials, there is nothing wrong with asking for blessings.
Sometimes we think I can’t ask because that is covetousness. No! Believe that God is faithful and that He will provide. There is nothing wrong with saying God may you provide for me and then some so I can provide for my family and others.
Provide a way to advance your Kingdom. God knows when you want something just to spend it on your greedy pleasures. He knows when people have honest motives, prideful motives, greedy motives, and when people are struggling with their motives.
Watch out for the prosperity gospel that says that God wants to make you rich and give you your best life now. That false movement is taking many people to hell. Most Christians will never be rich. God want us to be content in Christ in all situations. God knows everything. He knows how to help His children and make them more like Christ.
Be thankful when you have little and when you have more than enough be thankful, but be careful as well. Abide in the Lord. Rely on Him. Seek first the Kingdom. God knows you need water, clothes, food, a job, etc. He’ll never let the righteous go hungry. Continually pray to God and don’t doubt, but have faith that He will help. God is able to do more than we ask Him. When the time is right He’ll provide and remember to always give Him praise and thanks in all situations.
- “God desires to show His power through your storm, but is your lack of faith keeping Him from doing so? God brings storms into your life to show His strength and to gain glory from His providence.” Paul Chappell
- “God is able to accomplish, provide, help, save, keep, subdue… He is able to do what you can’t. He already has a plan. God’s not bewildered. Go to Him.” Max Lucado
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 22:26 The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the LORD will praise him may your hearts live forever!
2. Psalm 146:7 He gives justice to the oppressed and food to the hungry. The LORD frees the prisoners.
3. Proverbs 10:3 The LORD will not allow a righteous person to starve, but he intentionally ignores the desires of a wicked person.
4. Psalm 107:9 For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
5. Proverbs 13:25 The righteous eat to their hearts’ content, but the stomach of the wicked goes hungry.
Do not be anxious.
6. Matthew 6:31-32 Don’t worry and say, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’ The people who don’t know God keep trying to get these things, and your Father in heaven knows you need them.
7. Luke 12:31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.
8. Philippians 4:19 And my God will fully supply your every need according to his glorious riches in the Messiah Jesus.
9. Psalm 34:10 The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.
10. Psalm 84:11-12 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You!
11. Matthew 7:11 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him.
God provides for all of creation.
12. Luke 12:24 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest, they don’t have storerooms or barns, but God feeds them. And you are worth much more than birds.
13. Psalm 104:21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God.
14. Psalm 145:15-16 The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing.
15. Psalm 36:6 Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the ocean depths. You care for people and animals alike, O LORD.
16. Psalm 136:25-26 He gives food to every living thing. His faithful love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of heaven. His faithful love endures forever.
God gives us all we need to do His will.
17. 1 Peter 4:11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
18. 2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;
There is nothing wrong with praying for provision.
19. Matthew 21:22 Give us this day our daily bread.
20. Matthew 7:7 Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
21. Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
22. John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
God examines are motives for everything.
23. James 4:3 you ask and do not receive because you ask wrongly, so you can spend it on your passions.
24. Luke 12:15 Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.”
Trust in the Lord. He will provide.
25. 2 Corinthians 5:7 Indeed, our lives are guided by faith, not by sight.
26. Psalm 115:11-12 All you who fear the LORD, trust the LORD! He is your helper and your shield. The LORD remembers us and will bless us. He will bless the people of Israel and bless the priests, the descendants of Aaron.
27. Psalm 31:14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.
28. Ephesians 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
29. 2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
30. Psalm 81:10 For it was I, the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.