Bible verses about cowards
Sometimes we might have fear and anxiety in our lives and when this happens we just need to trust in the Lord, believe in His promises, and seek Him in prayer, but there is a type of cowardice that will take you to hell. Many people who profess Jesus as Lord are true cowards and that is why many people will not make it into Heaven.
False teachers like Joel Osteen, Rick Warren, and T.D. Jakes when asked are homosexuals going to hell they jump around the question. They want to please people and they don’t want to speak up for God.
Cowards don’t preach the real Word of God. Men of God like Stephen, Paul, and more boldly preached the Word of God even through persecution.
False teachers say things like I’m only supposed to preach love. These people stand up for things that God hates and when you do that you are fighting against God.
Are you cowardice? If someone said disown Jesus or I will shoot you in the face will you do it? Are you ashamed of God’s Word? If a friend says why aren’t you going to do these things with us it’s because of God isn’t it?
Will you be ashamed and laugh it off, say no, or brush it off or will you say that’s exactly why? Are you embarrassed to talk about God around friends and family? Believers these days are afraid of persecution so they hide. If you are not willing to deny yourself and take up the cross daily you can’t be a follower of Christ. What happened to the true followers who cared not what the world thinks because Jesus Christ is everything? Ephesians 5:11 Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.
Many will be denied Heaven
1. Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
2. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
They were never of us
3. Mark 4:17 And they have no root in themselves, but endure for a while; then, when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately they fall away.
4. Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion.
5. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
6. Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
7. Romans 8:31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
So-called Christians are not standing up for God. They’re afraid to speak up when the pressure is on so they won’t get persecuted. They stand up for Satan instead of God. Deny Him and His Word and He will deny you.
8. Psalm 94:16 Who rises up for me against the wicked? Who stands up for me against evildoers?
9. Luke 9:26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels.
10. 1 Peter 4:16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.
11. Luke 9:23-24 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.
12. Matthew 10:33 But whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
13. 2 Timothy 2:12 if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us;
False believers are compromising with the world. God will not be mocked there is no compromising the Word of God.
14. James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
15. 1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.