What does the Bible say about feet?
Did you ever think that you would be reading Scriptures dedicated to feet? Surprisingly enough, the Bible has a lot to say about feet.
This is not a topic that believers should overlook. Below we will find out how serious that this topic truly is.
Christian quotes about feet
“When we pray for the Spirit’s help … we will simply fall down at the Lord’s feet in our weakness. There we will find the victory and power that comes from His love.” – Andrew Murray
“O Lord, keep our hearts, keep our eyes, keep our feet, and keep our tongues.” – William Tiptaft
“Every path that leads to heaven is trodden by willing feet. No one is ever driven to paradise.”
“The real test of a saint is not one’s willingness to preach the gospel, but one’s willingness to do something like washing the disciples’ feet – that is, being willing to do those things that seem unimportant in human estimation but count as everything to God.” – Oswald Chambers
“For every discouragement has been allowed to come to us in order that through it we may be cast in utter helplessness at the Saviour’s feet.” Alan Redpath
“The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.” Billy Graham
“What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has the eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.” Augustine
“The Bible is alive; it speaks to me. It has feet; it runs after me. It has hands; it lays hold of me!” Martin Luther
How often do you lay yourself at the feet of Christ?
Have you ever wondered how some believers remain so calm in adversity? There is a zeal for God and His Kingdom unlike any other. It feels like they are always in the presence of God. They inspire you to examine yourself and seek Christ more. These people have learned to lay at the feet of Christ. When you are in His presence He is far more real to you than anyone.
There is a great sense of awe in the presence of Christ. I’m not talking about some charismatic thing. I’m talking about His glory being before you. The feet of Christ will change your life. There is nothing like being in His presence. When you lay at the feet of Christ you learn to be still and your entire perspective on life changes.
Have you gotten to the heart of worship at the feet of our Savior? Have you been so consumed by self? Have you been focusing on the world lately? If so, you must submit yourself to the Lord and rest at His feet. When you do this, you will see the great power of the Lord through you and around you.
1. Luke 10:39-40 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”
2. Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades.
3. John 11:32 When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died.”
4. Matthew 15:30 Great crowds came to him, bringing the lame, the blind, the crippled, the mute and many others, and laid them at his feet; and he healed them.
5. Luke 8:41-42 And there came a man named Jairus, and he was an official of the synagogue; and he fell at Jesus’ feet, and began to implore Him to come to his house; for he had an only daughter, about twelve years old, and she was dying. But as He went, the crowds were pressing against Him.
6. Luke 17:16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him–and he was a Samaritan.
God can strengthen you so that your foot will not slip in your trials and tribulations.
A hind, a red female deer, is the most sure-footed mountain animal. Hind’s feet are skinny, but remember God reveals His strength through the weak and through difficult situations. The hind is able to effortlessly move through mountainous terrain without stumbling.
God makes our feet like the feet of a hind. God equips us to overcome adversity and different roadblocks that we might come across. When Christ is your strength you have all that you need on your journey. Though the situation may seem rocky the Lord will equip you and teach you so that you don’t stumble and you press on with consistency on your walk of faith.
7. 2 Samuel 22:32-35 For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
8. Psalm 18:33-36 He makes my feet like hinds’ feet, And sets me upon my high places. He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great. You enlarge my steps under me, And my feet have not slipped.
9. Habakkuk 3:19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.
10. Psalm 121:2-5 My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot slip– he who watches over you will not slumber; indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD watches over you– the LORD is your shade at your right hand.
How often do you use your feet to witness to others?
How dedicated are you in spreading the gospel of Jesus? God has given us different features, talents, and abilities so we can glorify Him with them. God has given us finances so we can give. God has given us breath so we can breathe for His glory and praise His name.
God has given us feet not only so we can walk around and do what we want to do. He has given us feet so we can proclaim the gospel. How are you bringing the gospel message to those around you?
Fear should never stop your feet from moving in the direction of the lost. There are going to be people who God puts in your life who will only hear the gospel from you. Speak up! God walks with you so never let fear hinder you.
11. Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
12. Romans 10:14-15 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”
Although our feet can be used for good often people use it for evil.
Does your feet run in the direction of sin or the opposite direction? Are you putting yourself in a position to compromise and sin? Are you constantly around the feet of the wicked? If so, remove yourself. Walk in the direction of Christ. Wherever sin and temptation is, God is in the opposite direction.
13. Proverbs 6:18 A heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil.
14. Proverbs 1:15-16 My son, do not walk in the way with them. Keep your feet from their path, for their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed blood.
15. Isaiah 59:7 Their feet rush into sin; they are swift to shed innocent blood. They pursue evil schemes; acts of violence mark their ways.
God’s Word gives light to your feet so you can walk in the ways of the Lord.
We all have feet, but if you are without light you won’t get very far. God has provided us with the light of His Word. Rarely do we talk about the preciousness of the Word of God. God’s Word should dwell richly in us. His Word guides us so we can remain on the path of righteousness.
His Word aids us in identifying things that will hinder our walk with the Lord. Examine yourself. Is the light of Christ guiding your feet or are you living in rebellion? If so repent and fall upon Christ. Those who trust in Christ for salvation will themselves be a light because they are in Christ who is the source of light.
16. Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.
17. Proverbs 4:26-27 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways. Do not turn to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.
Are you willing to wash the feet of others?
As believers, we are to emulate Christ. When the Son of God washes the feet of another you take notice. The humility of Christ shows that God is real and the Bible is true. If Scripture was inspired by man, the God of this universe would never wash the feet of man.
He would never come to this world in such a humble way. We are to imitate the humility of Christ. Jesus never allowed His status to affect the way He served others. Don’t you understand that He’s God in the flesh?
He’s the King of the World but He put others before Himself. We all struggle with this. We must pray daily that God works humility in us. Are you willing to serve others? Those with the heart of a servant shall be blessed.
18. John 13:14-15 Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.
19. 1 Timothy 5:10 And is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the Lord’s people, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds.
20. 1 Samuel 25:41 She bowed down with her face to the ground and said, “I am your servant and am ready to serve you and wash the feet of my lord’s servants.”