Bible verses about killing innocent
God hates hands that shed innocent blood. There are times when killing is acceptable for example, a police officer in a self-defense situation, but there are times when innocent people get killed as well. This is one of the reasons why cannibalism and abortion is so wicked. It’s murdering an innocent human being.
Many times corrupt police officers abuse their power and kill the innocent and try to cover it up. The same goes for the government and people in the army. Sometimes killing is OK, but Christians are to never desire killing. We must not retaliate or in anger murder someone. Murderers will not enter into Heaven.
What does the Bible say?
1. Exodus 23:7 Have nothing to do with a false charge and do not put an innocent or honest person to death, for I will not acquit the guilty.
2. Deuteronomy 27:25 “Cursed is anyone who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person.” Then all the people shall say, “Amen!”
3. Proverbs 17:15 He who justifies the wicked and he who condemns the righteous are both alike an abomination to the LORD.
4. Psalm 94:21 The wicked band together against the righteous and condemn the innocent to death.
5. Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.
6. Leviticus 24:19-22 Whoever injures a neighbor must receive the same injury in return a broken bone for a broken bone, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Whoever injures another person must receive the same injury in return. Whoever kills an animal must replace it. Whoever kills a person must be put to death. The same rule applies to every one of you. It makes no difference whether you are a foreigner or an Israelite, because I am the Lord your God.”
7. Matthew 5:21-22 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.
8. Proverbs 6:16-19 There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.
9. Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
10. Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
11. John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
12. Romans 1:28-29 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips.
13. Psalm 106:38 They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters, whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan, and the land was desecrated by their blood.
14. 2 Samuel 11:14-17 In the morning David wrote a letter to Joab and sent it by the hand of Uriah. In the letter he wrote, “Set Uriah in the forefront of the hardest fighting, and then draw back from him, that he may be struck down, and die.” And as Joab was besieging the city, he assigned Uriah to the place where he knew there were valiant men. And the men of the city came out and fought with Joab, and some of the servants of David among the people fell. Uriah the Hittite also died.
15. Matthew 27:4 saying, “I have sinned by betraying innocent blood.” They said, “What is that to us? See to it yourself.”