Bible verses about caffeine
As believers we are not to be addicted by anything. Just like there is nothing wrong with bodybuilding in moderation and drinking alcohol in moderation, there is nothing wrong with drinking coffee in moderation, but when we abuse it and are dependent of it then it becomes a sin. It’s a problem when we’re addicted and start thinking I can’t get through the day without this.
Drinking too much caffeine can be very dangerous and bring many side affects like anxiety, heart disease, increased blood pressure, insomnia, jitters, headaches, and more. Just like there are some people who should not drink alcohol there are some people who should not drink coffee because it does more harm than good. I’ve heard some terrible stories about caffeine addiction. If you do decide to drink some coffee be very careful because just like alcohol it can be very easy to fall into sin.
There are many cults and other religious groups that say caffeine is a sin.
1. Colossians 2:16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
2. Romans 14:3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.
I will not be addicted
3. 1 Corinthians 6:11-12 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.
4. Proverbs 25:16 Have you found honey? Eat only as much as you need, Lest you be filled with it and vomit.
5. Philippians 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
6. 2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
7. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
8. Galatians 5:23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Do all things for the glory of God.
9. 1 Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
10. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
11. Romans 14:22-23 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
Take good care of your body
12. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
13. Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
14. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
15. Matthew 15:11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”