Bible verses about voodoo
Voodoo is indeed real and it is practiced in many places in the U.S. like Miami and New Orleans. I’ve met many people who have said voodoo is not sinful it’s just a religion, but that is a lie from the father of all lies. Divination, witchcraft, and necromancy is clearly condemned in Scripture and there is no way of justifying rebellion. Did you know that some people even use voodoo to bring the dead back to life? Christians should never even think about practicing voodoo. We should always put our trust in God because He will handle all our problems.
Evilness should never be an option for anyone. God has nothing to do with the devil and that is what voodoo is, it’s working for the devil. You’re letting demonic influences into your life and they will harm you. You hear about many people in Haiti and Africa who go to voodoo priests for healing, and it is sad. It might seem safe at the time, but any healing from Satan is extremely dangerous! Shouldn’t people seek their God instead? Deceived people go to voodoo priests for things like love, false protection, and to cause harm, but rest assured that a Christian can never be harmed by the evilness of Satan.
What does the Bible say?
1. Leviticus 19:31 ““Do not defile yourselves by turning to mediums or to those who consult the spirits of the dead. I am the LORD your God.
2. Deuteronomy 18:10-14 You must never sacrifice your sons or daughters by burning them alive, practice black magic, be a fortuneteller, witch, or sorcerer, cast spells, ask ghosts or spirits for help, or consult the dead. Whoever does these things is disgusting to the Lord. The Lord your God is forcing these nations out of your way because of their disgusting practices. You must have integrity in dealing with the Lord your God. These nations you are forcing out listen to fortunetellers and to those who practice black magic. But the Lord your God won’t let you do anything like that.
3. Leviticus 19:26 “”Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood. “Do not practice fortune-telling or witchcraft.
4. Isaiah 8:19 Someone may say to you, “Let’s ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do.” But shouldn’t people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead?
Can voodoo harm Christians?
5. 1 John 5:18-19 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the One who was born of God keeps them safe, and the evil one cannot harm them. We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.
6. 1 John 4:4-5 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them.
How does God feel?
7. Leviticus 20:26-27 You must be holy because I, the LORD, am holy. I have set you apart from all other people to be my very own. “Men and women among you who act as mediums or who consult the spirits of the dead must be put to death by stoning. They are guilty of a capital offense.”
8. Exodus 22:18 “Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.
9. Revelation 21:7-8 Everyone who wins the victory will inherit these things. I will be their God, and they will be my children. But cowardly, unfaithful, and detestable people, murderers, sexual sinners, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars will find themselves in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
10. Galatians 5:19-21 The wrong things the sinful self does are clear: committing sexual sin, being morally bad, doing all kinds of shameful things, worshiping false gods, taking part in witchcraft, hating people, causing trouble, being jealous, angry or selfish, causing people to argue and divide into separate groups, being filled with envy, getting drunk, having wild parties, and doing other things like this. I warn you now as I warned you before: The people who do these things will not have a part in God’s kingdom.
You can’t associate with God and the devil.
11. 1 Corinthians 10:21-22 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?
12. 2 Corinthians 6:14-15 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
Satan is very crafty
13. 2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
14. Proverbs 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way to death.
Trust in the Lord and turn away from evil
15. Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil.
16. James 4:7 So give yourselves completely to God. Stand against the devil, and the devil will run from you.
17. Ephesians 6:11-12 Put on the full armor of God so that you can fight against the devil’s evil tricks. Our fight is not against people on earth but against the rulers and authorities and the powers of this world’s darkness, against the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world.
18. Acts 13:6-8 They went through the whole island as far as Paphos, where they found a Jewish occult practitioner and false prophet named Bar-jesus. He was associated with the proconsul Sergius Paulus, who was an intelligent man. He sent for Barnabas and Saul because he wanted to hear the word of God. But Elymas the occult practitioner (that is the meaning of his name) continued to oppose them and tried to turn the proconsul away from the faith.
19. Acts 13:9-12 But Saul, also known as Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked him straight in the eye and said, “You’re full of every form of deception and trickery, you son of the Devil, you enemy of all that is right! You’ll never stop perverting the straight ways of the Lord, will you? The Lord is against you now, and you’ll be blind and unable to see the sun for a while!” At that moment a dark mist came over him, and he went around looking for someone to lead him by the hand. When the proconsul saw what had happened, he believed, because he was astonished at the Lord’s teaching.
20. 2 Kings 17:17-20 They made their sons and daughters pass through fire and tried to find out the future by magic and witchcraft. They always chose to do what the Lord said was wrong, which made him angry. Because he was very angry with the people of Israel, he removed them from his presence. Only the tribe of Judah was left. But even Judah did not obey the commands of the Lord their God. They did what the Israelites had done, so the Lord rejected all the people of Israel. He punished them and let others destroy them; he threw them out of his presence.
21. 2 Kings 21:5-9 He built altars to worship the stars in the two courtyards of the Temple of the Lord. He made his own son pass through fire. He practiced magic and told the future by explaining signs and dreams, and he got advice from mediums and fortune-tellers. He did many things the Lord said were wrong, which made the Lord angry. Manasseh carved an Asherah idol and put it in the Temple. The Lord had said to David and his son Solomon about the Temple, “I will be worshiped forever in this Temple and in Jerusalem, which I have chosen from all the tribes of Israel. I will never again make the Israelites wander out of the land I gave their ancestors. But they must obey everything I have commanded them and all the teachings my servant Moses gave them.” But the people did not listen. Manasseh led them to do more evil than the nations the Lord had destroyed ahead of the Israelites.