Bible verses about volunteering
All Christians have different gifts from God and we are to use those gifts to serve others. It is always more blessed to give than receive. We should give our time and do volunteer work as well as give money, food, and clothes to the poor.
Two is always better than one so take action and do what’s right. See how you can help your community today and if you can, volunteer in another country such as Haiti, India, Africa, etc.
Make a difference in someone’s life and I guarantee you that the experience will uplift you.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
1. Titus 3:14 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.
2. Galatians 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
3. 1 Corinthians 3:9 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.
4. 2 Thessalonians 3:13 And as for you, brothers and sisters, never tire of doing what is good.
5. 1 Peter 4:10-11 God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
6. Romans 15:2 We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.
7. Acts 20:35 And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.‘”
Let your light shine
8. Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.
Workers of God
9. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
10. 1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are God’s fellow workers. You are God’s field, God’s building.
11. 2 Corinthians 6:1 As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.
12. Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
13. Philippians 2:4 Don’t be concerned only about your own interests, but also be concerned about the interests of others.
14. Corinthians 10:24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.
15. 1 Corinthians 10:33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
16. Romans 12:13 Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
17. Proverbs 11:25 The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.
18. 1 Timothy 6:18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share.
19. Proverbs 21:26 All day long he craves and craves, but the righteous gives and does not hold back.
20. Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God
21. Romans 2:8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.
22. Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
23. John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
24. 1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.
As you serve others you’re serving Christ
25. Matthew 25:32-40 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me. Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you? And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’