Bible verses about testimony
Sharing your testimony with others is a must for all Christians. When giving your testimony you tell how you came to trust in Christ alone as your Lord and Savior. You tell how God opened your eyes on how you were a sinner in need of a Savior.
We are sharing with others different events leading up to our salvation and how God has worked in our lives to bring us to repentance. Testimony is a form of praise and honor to Christ.
We also use it as a way to encourage others. Know every time when you’re going through trials and sufferings in life, that’s an opportunity to share a testimony of how God worked in your life and made you stronger.
Testimony is not only the things that we say. The way we live our life is a testimony to unbelievers as well.
We must be careful not to lie and exaggerate about things. We must be careful as well that we don’t brag and glorify ourselves, which is what some people purposely and unknowingly do.
Instead of talking about Jesus they use it as an opportunity to talk about themselves, which is no testimony at all. I’m pretty sure you heard people even bragging about their past life before Christ as if it were cool.
I used to do this and that, I was a killer, I was making 10,000 dollars a month selling cocaine, blah blah blah, and then Jesus. Examine your motives. It’s all about Jesus and His glory, don’t make it about yourself. Share today and build one another up because your testimony can have a huge impact on someone’s life.
- Your story is the key that can unlock someone else’s prison.
- “Only God can turn mess into a message, a test into a testimony, a trial into a triumph, a victim into a victory.”
What is my testimony? Jesus died, He was buried, and resurrected for our sins.
1 John 5:11 This is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is found in his Son.
2. 1 John 5:10 (The one who believes in the Son of God has this testimony within him. The one who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony God has given about His Son.)
What does the Bible say?
3. Psalm 71:15-16 I will declare your righteousness and your salvation every day, though I do not fully understand
what the outcome will be. Lord God, I will come in the power of your mighty acts, remembering your righteousness—yours alone.
4. Mark 5:19 But Jesus said, “No, go home to your family, and tell them everything the Lord has done for you and how merciful he has been.”
5. Psalm 22:22 I will praise you to all my brothers; I will stand up before the congregation and testify of the wonderful things you have done.
6. Psalm 66:16 Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me.
7. John 15:26-27 “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father— the Spirit of Truth, who comes from the Father—he will testify on my behalf. You will testify also, because you have been with me from the beginning.
8. 1 John 1:2-3 This life was revealed to us, and we have seen it and testify about it. We declare to you this eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us. What we have seen and heard we declare to you so that you, too, can have fellowship with us. Now this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus, the Messiah
9. Psalm 35:28 My tongue will declare your righteousness and praise you all day long.
10. Daniel 4:2 “I want you all to know about the miraculous signs and wonders the Most High God has performed for me.
Encourage each other by sharing testimonies.
11. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12. Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us continue to consider how to motivate one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another even more as you see the day of the Lord coming nearer.
13. 1 Thessalonians 5:14 We urge you, brothers, to admonish those who are idle, cheer up those who are discouraged, and help those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.
Use your life as a testimony. Unbelievers will look closely at the life of a Christian.
14. Philippians 1:27-30 Above all, you must live as citizens of heaven, conducting yourselves in a manner worthy of the Good News about Christ. Then, whether I come and see you again or only hear about you, I will know that you are standing together with one spirit and one purpose, fighting together for the faith, which is the Good News. Don’t be intimidated in any way by your enemies. This will be a sign to them that they are going to be destroyed, but that you are going to be saved, even by God himself. For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him. We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it.
15. Matthew 5:14-16 You are light for the world. A city cannot be hidden when it is located on a hill. No one lights a lamp and puts it under a basket. Instead, everyone who lights a lamp puts it on a lamp stand. Then its light shines on everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine in front of people. Then they will see the good that you do and praise your Father in heaven.
16. 1 Peter 2:21 To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
Use your suffering as an opportunity to give a testimony.
17. Luke 21:12-13 But before all these things, people will arrest you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name’s sake, in order to give you an opportunity to testify.
18. Philippians 1:12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel.
19. Philippians 1:12 So I take pleasure in weaknesses, insults, catastrophes, persecutions, and in pressures, because of Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Unashamed of the gospel that saves.
20. 2 Timothy 1:8 Therefore, never be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me, his prisoner. Instead, by God’s power, join me in suffering for the sake of the gospel.
21. Matthew 10:32 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.
22. Galatians 6:14 But may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world!
23. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
24. John 9:24-25 So for the second time they called the man who had been blind and said to him, “Give glory to God. We know that this man is a sinner.” He answered, “Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see.”
25. Mark 5:20 So the man started off to visit the Ten Towns of that region and began to proclaim the great things Jesus had done for him; and everyone was amazed at what he told them.
Revelation 12:11 They triumphed over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.