Bible verses about strength
Are you using your own strength? Don’t waste your weakness! Use your trial and your struggles to rely more upon the strength of God. God provides both physical and spiritual strength in our time of need. God has given some believers the strength to remain in captivity for years. Once I heard a testimony of how God has given a small kidnapped woman the strength to break the chains that were holding her so she can escape.
If God can break physical chains how much more can He break the chains that are in your life? Wasn’t it the strength of God that saved you on the cross of Jesus Christ?
Wasn’t it the strength of God that helped you before? Why do you doubt? Have faith! Food, TV, and the internet won’t give you strength in your time of need. It will only give you a temporary way to cope with the pain in the hard times.
You need the everlasting unlimited strength of God. Sometimes you have to go to the prayer closet and say God I need you! You have to come to the Lord in humility and pray for His strength. Our loving Father wants us to fully depend on Him and not ourselves.
- “Give God your weakness and He’ll give you His strength.”
- “The remedy for discouragement is the Word of God. When you feed your heart and mind with its truth, you regain your perspective and find renewed strength.” Warren Wiersbe
- “Do not strive in your own strength; cast yourself at the feet of the Lord Jesus, and wait upon Him in the sure confidence that He is with you, and works in you. Strive in prayer; let faith fill your heart-so will you be strong in the Lord, and in the power of His might.” Andrew Murray
- “Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light.” Helen Keller
- “He gives us the strength to move forward even though we feel weak.” Crystal McDowell
Christ is our source of strength. There is an infinite amount of strength available for those who are in Christ.
1. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
2. Psalm 28:7-8 The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
3. Psalm 68:35 You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people. Praise be to God!
With total submission to the strength of God we are able to endure and overcome any situation that might arise in our Christian life.
4. Philippians 4:13 I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me.
5. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
6. Psalm 23:4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Christians never quit. God gives us strength to endure and keep moving. I felt like I wanted to quit many times, but it is the strength and love of God that keeps me going.
7. 2 Timothy 1:7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
8. Habakkuk 3:19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.
When you are in an impossible situation remember the strength of God. There is nothing He can’t do. All of God’s promises for God’s help are available for you today.
9. Matthew 19:26 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
10. Isaiah 41:10 Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My righteous right hand.
11. Psalm 27:1 Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation– whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life– of whom shall I be afraid?
You can do nothing in your own strength. You couldn’t even save yourself even if you wanted to. Scripture makes it clear that by ourselves we are nothing. We need to rely on a source of strength. We are weak, we are broken, we are helpless, and we are hopeless. We need a Savior. We need Jesus! Salvation is the work of God and not man.
12. Ephesians 2:6-9 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.
13. Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.
The strength of the Lord is put on display in all believers. When the baddest of the baddest repent and put their trust in Christ that is the work of God. His change in us shows His strength at work.
14. Ephesians 1:19-20 and what is the immeasurable greatness of His power to us who believe, according to the working of His vast strength. He demonstrated this power in the Messiah by raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavens.
We have to rely upon the Lord daily. God gives us strength to overcome temptation and stand against Satan’s tricks.
15. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
16. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
17. Ephesians 6:11-13 Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
At times our own strength will fail us. At times our body will fail us, but the strength of the Lord never fails.
18. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
19. Isaiah 40:28-31 Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Scripture says that a virtuous woman is clothed with strength. Have you ever wondered why? It is because she trusts in the Lord and relies on His strength.
20. Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
Sometimes the devil tries to use weariness to stop us from doing God’s will, but God gives us strength to do His will and accomplish His will.
21. 2 Timothy 2:1 You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
22. Psalm 18:39 You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me.
23. Psalm 18:32 the God who equipped me with strength and made my way blameless.
24. Hebrews 13:21 may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.
The Lord’s strength will guide us.
25. Exodus 15:13 In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling.
We must constantly be praying for His strength.
26. 1 Chronicles 16:11 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
27. Psalm 86:16 Turn to me and have mercy on me; show your strength in behalf of your servant; save me, because I serve you just as my mother did.
When the Lord is your strength you are extremely blessed.
28. Psalm 84:4-5 Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
We should constantly listen to Christian music so that we will be uplifted and so that our mind will be set on the Lord and His strength.
29. Psalm 59:16-17 But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely.
30. Psalm 21:13 Rise up, O LORD, in all your power. With music and singing we celebrate your mighty acts.