Bible verses about being steadfast
As Christians we are to stand firm in faith and hold on to the truth. It is essential that we meditate on Scripture so that we are never deceived because there are many deceivers who try to spread false teachings.
Through our trials we are to remain steadfast and know that this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison.
What does the Bible say?
1. Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.
2. 1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
3. 2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
4. 1 Corinthians 4:2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
5. Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end.
6. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
7. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
8. Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
9. James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.
10. Hebrews 10:35-36 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
11. 2 Peter 1:5-7 For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.
12. Romans 5:3-5 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
13. 2 Peter 3:17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.
14. Ephesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.
15. Psalm 112:6-7 Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever. They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the LORD.
16. Isaiah 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.
17. Acts 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
18. Romans 4:19-20 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God.
19. Colossians 1:23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
20, Colossians 2:5 For though I am absent from you in body, I am present with you in spirit and delight to see how disciplined you are and how firm your faith in Christ is.
21. Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.