Bible verses about scorners
Here is the scorn Webster definition– an expression of contempt or derision. Scorners love to mock the Lord, but God has made it clear in His word that He will not be mocked. All day long they scoff at Christianity, sin, and believers. You can’t teach them anything because they have hardened their hearts and will not listen to the truth. They suppress the truth in their hearts and pride is leading them to hell.
I had scorners call me names like bigot, stupid, moron, fool, but Scripture makes it clear who are the real fools. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God- Psalm 14:1. Nowadays we find that many false converts are scorning the right ways of the Lord. What was considered sin back in the day is no longer sin. People are using the grace of God to indulge in lasciviousness. Are you rebelling and scorning God’s Word? Are you taking God’s name in vain?
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 24:8-9 The one who plans to do evil will be called a scheming person. A foolish scheme is sin, and the scorner is an abomination to people.
2. Proverbs 3:33-34 The LORD’s curse is on the household of the wicked, but he blesses the home of the righteous. Although he is scornful to arrogant scoffers, yet he shows favor to the humble.
3. Proverbs 1:22 “How long will you gullible people love being so gullible? How long will you mockers find joy in your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge?
4. Proverbs 29:8-9 Scornful people inflame a city, but those who are wise turn away wrath. If a wise person goes to court with a foolish person, there is no peace whether he is angry or laughs. Bloodthirsty people hate someone with integrity; as for the upright, they seek his life.
5. Proverbs 21:10-11 The appetite of the wicked desires evil; his neighbor is shown no favor in his eyes. When a scorner is punished, the naive becomes wise; when a wise person is instructed, he gains knowledge.
You can’t correct scorners. They will not listen.
6. Proverbs 13:1 A wise son accepts his father’s discipline, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
7. Proverbs 19:28-29 An evil witness makes fun of fairness, and wicked people love what is evil. People who make fun of wisdom will be punished, and the backs of foolish people will be beaten.
8. Romans 2:8-9 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;
9. Matthew 12:36-37 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
10. Proverbs 10:20-21 The tongue of the righteous is choice silver, but the heart of the wicked is of little value.
The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of sense.
11. Proverbs 18:21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.
12. Psalm 44:13-16 You have made us a reproach to our neighbors, the scorn and derision of those around us. You have made us a byword among the nations; the peoples shake their heads at us. I live in disgrace all day long, and my face is covered with shame at the taunts of those who reproach and revile me, because of the enemy, who is bent on revenge.
13. Job 16:10-11 People have opened their mouths against me, they have struck my cheek in scorn; they unite together against me. God abandons me to evil men, and throws me into the hands of wicked men.
14. Psalm 119:21-22 You rebuke the arrogant, who are accursed, those who stray from your commands. Remove from me their scorn and contempt, for I keep your statutes.
15. Psalm 35:15-16 But when I stumbled, they gathered in glee; assailants gathered against me without my knowledge. They slandered me without ceasing. Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked; they gnashed their teeth at me.
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.