Bible verses about pornography
Porn is one of the most destructive things in the world. Pornography addictions literately destroy everything. It’s horrible! It pollutes the eye, it destroys the mind, it changes your personality, it weakens the soul, it destroys marriages, it hurts your relationship with others, it destroys sex, and this addiction can destroy your desires for a real relationship with the opposite sex.
The sin of pornography leads to more sin and sadly this is the sin that many won’t let go. Porn kills you spiritually, mentally, and physically. It is extremely toxic.
If you are constantly watching porn it needs to stop now! Satan has caused a huge porn epidemic perverting sex within marriage and sadly many people who profess to be Christian are indulging in it.
Scripture teaches us to have a clear mind, but how can you have a clear mind when you’re messing with this filth? You are degrading the person you are lusting after.
You are destroying them in your heart and you are slowly destroying yourself at the same time. This is serious. You have to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to yourself. God’s love for you will help you to overcome.
- “Love is the great conqueror of lust.” C.S. Lewis
- “Though selfishness hath defiled the whole man, yet sensual pleasure is the chief part of its interest, and, therefore, by the senses it commonly works; and these are the doors and windows by which iniquity entereth into the soul.” Richard Baxter
- “Porn kills love.”
I will not let my eyes be polluted. I have to guard my eyes.
There are some things I can’t do and watch anymore because I will be exposed to some things. I always get emails saying help I’m struggling with sinful thoughts, but what are you feeding your mind? Porn is not just you typing in something on Google to satisfy your lustful fleshly needs.
Porn is the lustful images on Instagram. Porn is the vulgar song lyrics that glorify premarital sex. Porn is the magazine, blogs, and books that you read talking about sex. Porn is looking on someone’s Facebook page and lusting on their cleavage and their body. Porn is the sinful movies and video games filled with half naked and naked women.
You have to discipline yourself. Stop doing things that you know are going to trigger those desires. Put a porn block up, decrease TV and internet, read the Bible, pray, fast, get an accountability partner, don’t be alone if that is what it takes. Guard your heart people! Don’t be exposed to the things of the flesh.
1. Job 31:1 “I have made an agreement with my eyes. Then how can I look with lust at a virgin?”
2. Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart more than anything else, because the source of your life flows from it.
3. Proverbs 23:19 My child, listen and be wise: Keep your heart on the right course.
A porn habit can be triggered by you watching an entertaining video on an ungodly website. Scripture says don’t stand there, run! Treat porn as if it were a car coming your way about to hit you, get out of there! Don’t be a fool. You are no match for it. Run!
4. 1 Corinthians 6:18-20 Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body.
5. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor–not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.
6. Colossians 3:5 Therefore, put to death what belongs to your worldly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desire, and greed, which is idolatry.
Pornography leads to terrible egregious sin. Porn addiction has led some people to seek prostitutes, it has led to kidnapping, rape, murder, adultery, etc. It truly affects your mind and becomes worse overtime. It is extremely dangerous.
7. James 1:14-15 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed by his own lust. Then when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
8. Romans 6:19 I am using an example from everyday life because of your human limitations. Just as you used to offer yourselves as slaves to impurity and to ever-increasing wickedness, so now offer yourselves as slaves to righteousness leading to holiness.
Not only is pornography and masturbation the lust of the eyes, but it is also the lust of the flesh. You’re involved in both and one leads to another.
9. 1 John 2:16-17 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
It was the lust of David’s eyes that led to adultery and murder.
10. 2 Samuel 11:2-4 One evening David got up from his bed and walked around on the roof of the palace. From the roof he saw a woman bathing. The woman was very beautiful, and David sent someone to find out about her. The man said, “She is Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah the Hittite.” Then David sent messengers to get her. She came to him, and he slept with her. (Now she was purifying herself from her monthly uncleanness.) Then she went back home.
Don’t lust after her. You have to find something that you love more than porn and sexual things. Are you going to set your heart towards Christ or filthy pornography? One wants to make you new and one wants to make you fall.
11. Proverbs 23:26-27 My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways, for an adulterous woman is a deep pit, and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit she lies in wait and multiplies the unfaithful among men.
12. Proverbs 6:25 Do not lust in your heart after her beauty or let her captivate you with her eyes.
Pornography is the same as adultery.
13. Matthew 5:28 But I tell you, everyone who looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Is masturbation a sin? Yes!
14. Ephesians 5:3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people.
Probably the biggest area that Satan seeks to attack in a Christians life is their purity.
A mature believer does not watch porn. We all have to fight the same battles. God has given us power over these things so why are we indulging in it? God has given us power! We must walk by the Spirit and if we are walking by the spirit how can we indulge in such things?
Can Christians struggle with pornography? Yes, but I strongly believe that many people who profess to be Christian and struggle with porn are not truly saved. Examine yourself! Are you dead in pornography? Is there any fight in you? Do you want help? Do you want to be changed? Do you desire to live in this sin or do you desire Christ?
15. 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
16. Galatians 5:16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
17. 2 Timothy 1:7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
18. Ephesians 6:11-13 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
If you struggle with this pray that God helps you turn your eyes from wickedness, pray that He helps you notice temptation immediately, and pray that He fills your thoughts with things that are righteous.
19. Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
20. Psalm 119:37 Turn my eyes from looking at what is worthless; give me life in Your ways.
Confess your sins and pray that God renews your mind and the Lord is faithful to forgive and renew your mind. Cry out for transformation and a rewiring of your brain.
21. Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is–his good, pleasing and perfect will.
22. 1 John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.
Christ is able and He will set you free from this sin. Fall upon Him!
23. Romans 13:12-14 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.
24. Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Trust in the Lord to deliver you.
25. Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths. Don’t consider yourself to be wise; fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
Understand that sex is to be within marriage. If you’re not married pray for a spouse and continually repent. Trust in Christ and pray for cleansing. If you are married confess your sins toward your spouse and pray for transformation, healing, and a rewiring of your brain.