Bible verses about the oceans
God’s love for you is deeper than the oceans and His presence is everywhere. Whenever you’re at the beach just thank God for His beautiful creation. If His hand has the power to create the seas than rest assured His hand will guide you and get you through trials in life.
What does the Bible say?
1. Genesis 1:7-10 So God made a canopy that separated the water beneath the canopy from the water above it. And that is what happened: God called the canopy “sky.” The twilight and the dawn were the second day. Then God said, “Let the water beneath the sky come together into one area, and let dry ground appear!” And that is what happened: God called the dry ground “land,” and he called the water that had come together “oceans.” And God saw how good it was.
2. Isaiah 40:11-12 He will feed his flock like a shepherd. He will carry the lambs in his arms, holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young. Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?
3. Psalm 33:5-8 He loves righteousness and justice; the world is filled with the gracious love of the Lord. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made; all the heavenly bodies by the breath of his mouth. He gathered the oceans into a single place; he put the deep water into storehouses. Let all the world fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him;
4. Psalm 95:5-6 The sea that he made belongs to him, along with the dry land that his hands formed. Come! Let us worship and bow down; let us kneel in the presence of the Lord, who made us.
5. Psalm 65:5-7 By awesome deeds you answer us with righteousness, O God of our salvation, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas; the one who by his strength established the mountains, being girded with might; who stills the roaring of the seas, the roaring of their waves, the tumult of the peoples.
6. Matthew 8:25-27 They went to him and woke him up. “Lord!” they cried, “Save us! We’re going to die!” He asked them, “Why are you afraid, you who have little faith?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. The men were amazed. “What kind of man is this?” they asked. “Even the winds and the sea obey him!”
7. Psalm 146:5-6 Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is in the LORD his God, who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever;
8. Psalm 89:8-9 O LORD God of hosts, who is mighty as you are, O LORD, with your faithfulness all around you? You rule the raging of the sea; when its waves rise, you still them.
Our forgiving God
9. Micah 7:18-20 Is there any God like you, forgiving iniquity, passing over transgressions by the survivors who are your heritage? He is not angry forever, because he delights in gracious love. He will again show us compassion; he will subdue our iniquities. You will hurl all their sins into the deepest sea. You will remain true to Jacob, and merciful to Abraham, as you promised our ancestors long ago.
10. Ecclesiastes 11:3 If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves on the earth, and if a tree falls to the south or to the north, in the place where the tree falls, there it will lie.
11. Proverbs 30:4-5 Who but God goes up to heaven and comes back down? Who holds the wind in his fists? Who wraps up the oceans in his cloak? Who has created the whole wide world? What is his name—and his son’s name? Tell me if you know! Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection.
12. Nahum 1:4-5 At his command the oceans dry up, and the rivers disappear. The lush pastures of Bashan and Carmel fade, and the green forests of Lebanon wither. In his presence the mountains quake, and the hills melt away;
the earth trembles, and its people are destroyed.
13. Jeremiah 5:22 Do you not fear me? declares the LORD. Do you not tremble before me? I placed the sand as the boundary for the sea, a perpetual barrier that it cannot pass; though the waves toss, they cannot prevail; though they roar, they cannot pass over it.
14. Exodus 14:27-28 Moses stretched out his hand over the sea, and the water returned to its normal depth at daybreak. The Egyptians tried to retreat in front of the advancing water, but the Lord destroyed the Egyptians in the middle of the sea. The water returned, covering the chariots and the horsemen of Pharaoh’s entire army that had pursued the Israelis into the sea. Not a single one of them remained.
15. Acts 4:24 And when they heard it, they lifted their voices together to God and said, “Sovereign Lord, who made the heaven and the earth and the sea and everything in them.
Proverbs 20:5 The purpose in a man’s heart is like deep water, but a man of understanding will draw it out.