Bible verses about good deeds to go to Heaven
Do you not know how evil you are before a holy and righteous God? One sin not only what you do on the outside, but one negative thought and God has to send you to hell because he is separated from all unrighteousness. He is the ultimate just judge and will a good just judge let a person who committed a crime go free? Don’t listen when the Pope says good works can get atheists into Heaven because that is false. He is working for Satan. There is not enough money in the world to buy your way into Heaven.
If you are not in Christ you are filthy and God sees you as you are and you will be thrown into hell. Your good deeds mean nothing and they will be burned up with you if you have never accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior. Your only hope is Christ. If works could get you into Heaven why did Christ have to die? The only way for evil people like you and me to be reconciled to a holy and just God was for God himself to come down from Heaven. There is only one God and Jesus who is God himself in the flesh lived a sinless life. He took upon the wrath of God that you and I deserve and he died, he was buried, and he was resurrected for our sins. Your only hope is what Christ did for you not what you can do for yourself to get into God’s kingdom. Saying that works can get you in Heaven is saying what Christ did on that cross is not good enough I have to add something.
You must repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. If you truly accept Christ you will be given the Holy Spirit. You will be a new creation with new desires. You will battle with sin and it will open your eyes to how sinful you are and it will make you more thankful for Christ, but you will grow in grace and the things of God. You will grow to hate the things that God hates and love what he loves. Don’t add you own righteousness to Christ’s finished work on the cross. Obeying the Bible, giving to the poor, helping people, praying, etc. doesn’t make you saved. But when you are truly saved works will be seen like obedience to God’s Word. You and I are not good enough. We deserve hell and our only hope is Christ.
What does the Bible say?
1. Isaiah 64:6 We are all infected and impure with sin. When we display our righteous deeds, they are nothing but filthy rags. Like autumn leaves, we wither and fall, and our sins sweep us away like the wind.
2. Romans 3:26-28 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus. Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.
3. Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast.
4. Titus 3:5-7 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
5. Galatians 2:16 know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.
6. Galatians 2:21 I do not treat the grace of God as meaningless. For if keeping the law could make us right with God, then there was no need for Christ to die.
7. Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
8. Isaiah 57:12 Now I will expose your so-called good deeds. None of them will help you.
God demands perfection, but we all have sinned we can never come close to achieve perfection.
9. Romans 3:22-23 This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
10. Ecclesiastes 7:20 Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
Can unbelievers do anything on their own to get into Heaven?
11. Proverbs 15:8 The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked, but he delights in the prayers of the upright.
12. Romans 10:2-3 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
Repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
13. Acts 26:18 to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.’
14. John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
15. John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
16. 1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
17. Isaiah 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.
18. Acts 16:30-31 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved–you and your household.”
19. John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
You are not saved by works, but after you are saved you will do works because you are a new creation. You will have new desires for Christ and God will begin working in your life to make you into the image of Christ.
20. 2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
21. James 2:17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
22. Galatians 5:16 for it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.
23. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
24. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
25. Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?