Bible verses about fornication
This is a topic where many people just totally disregard what God says and do their own will. Every day, we hear about so-called Christians being fornicators. In this world there is so much pressure to have premarital sex, but remember we are to be set apart from the world. A Christian who rebels against God’s Word is not a Christian at all.
There are many benefits of waiting until marriage that the devil leaves out when he is deceiving people. Don’t let others around you influence you.
It might not be popular, but waiting is the right thing to do, godly thing to do, biblical thing to do, and the safest thing to do.
Keeping your mind on God and not the flesh will save you from death, shame, guilt, std’s, unwanted pregnancy, false love, and you will receive God’s special blessing in marriage.
There are many more benefits than these. Stay away from peer pressure and from the world. Make the right choice today and have sex with your spouse and your spouse only.
- Save sex instead of safe sex.
- You can convince yourself that God doesn’t care if you have premarital sex, but only if you ignore scripture.
What does the Bible say?
1. 1 Corinthians 6:13-14 You say, “Food was made for the stomach, and the stomach for food.” (This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them.) But you can’t say that our bodies were made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord, and the Lord cares about our bodies. And God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead.
2. 1 Corinthians 6:18-19 Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. Don’t you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself,
3. 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4 God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor–
4. 1 Corinthians 5:9-11 When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
The sin of adultery!
5. Proverbs 6:32 He who commits adultery lacks sense; he who does it destroys himself.
6. Deuteronomy 22:22 “If a man is discovered committing adultery, both he and the woman must die. In this way, you will purge Israel of such evil.
Do not follow the ways of the world. Don’t allow ungodly friends to persuade you to sin!
7. Proverbs 1:15 My child, don’t go along with them! Stay far away from their paths.
8. Romans 12:2 Do not be conformed to this world, but continuously be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God’s will is—what is proper, pleasing, and perfect.
9. 1 John 2:3-4 And we can be sure that we know him if we obey his commandments. If someone claims, “I know God,” but doesn’t obey God’s commandments, that person is a liar and is not living in the truth.
10. Jude 1:4 I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
11. Jude 1:7-8 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
12. 1 Corinthians 6:9 Don’t you know that wicked people won’t inherit the kingdom of God? Stop deceiving yourselves! People who continue to commit sexual sins, who worship false gods, those who commit adultery, homosexuals, or thieves, those who are greedy or drunk, who use abusive language, or who rob people will not inherit the kingdom of God.
13. Revelation 22:15 Outside are dogs, sorcerers, sexual sinners, murderers, idolaters, and all who lie in what they say and what they do.
The believers in Corinth repented.
14. 1 Corinthians 6:11 Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
Walk by the Spirit
15. Galatians 5:16 So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
16. Galatians 5:25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.
Avoid the devil’s schemes: Don’t even put yourself in a position where you can be tempted to sin because you will fall. Ex. Shacking up before marriage.
17. Ephesians 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
18 1 Thessalonians 5:22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
Guard your heart
19. Matthew 15:19 It is out of the heart that evil thoughts come, as well as murder, adultery, sexual immorality, stealing, false testimony, and slander.
20. Proverbs 4:23 Above everything else guard your heart, because from it flow the springs of life.
21. 1 Corinthians 7:8-9 So I say to those who aren’t married and to widows—it’s better to stay unmarried, just as I am. But if they can’t control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It’s better to marry than to burn with lust.
22. James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23. 1 Corinthians 5:1-3 I can hardly believe the report about the sexual immorality going on among you—something that even pagans don’t do. I am told that a man in your church is living in sin with his stepmother. You are so proud of yourselves, but you should be mourning in sorrow and shame. And you should remove this man from your fellowship. Even though I am not with you in person, I am with you in the Spirit. And as though I were there, I have already passed judgment on this man
24. Revelation 18:2-3 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
25. 2 Samuel 11:2-5 It happened, late one afternoon, when David arose from his couch and was walking on the roof of the king’s house, that he saw from the roof a woman bathing; and the woman was very beautiful. And David sent and inquired about the woman. And one said, “Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?” So David sent messengers and took her, and she came to him, and he lay with her. Now she had been purifying herself from her uncleanness Then she returned to her house. And the woman conceived, and she sent and told David, “I am pregnant.”