Bible verses about failure
We all will fail at some point in our life. Failing is a learning experience so we can do better next time. There were many Biblical leaders who failed, but did they dwell on them? No they learned from their mistakes and kept on moving forward. Determination and failure leads to success. You fail and you get up and you try again. Eventually you will get it right. Just ask Thomas Edison. When you give up that is failure.
True failure is not even trying to get back up, but just quitting. You could have been so close, but you say it’s not going to work. God is always near and if you fall He’ll pick you up and dust you off.
Keep on pursuing righteousness and use God’s strength. We must have faith in the Lord. Stop trusting in the arms of the flesh and the things that are seen.
Put your trust in God. If God told you to do something and if something is God’s will then it will never fail.
- Failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.
- A failure is not a loss. It’s a gain. You learn. You change. You grow.
- “It is better to make a thousand failures than to be too cowardly to ever undertake anything.” Clovis G. Chappell
Get back up and keep moving.
1. Jeremiah 8:4 Jeremiah, say this to the people of Judah: ‘This is what the Lord says: “‘You know if a man falls down, he gets up again. And if a man goes the wrong way, he turns around and comes back.
2. Proverbs 24:16 The righteous may fall seven times but still get up, but the wicked will stumble into trouble.
3. Proverbs 14:32 The wicked are crushed by disaster, but the godly have a refuge when they die.
4. 2 Corinthians 4:9 We are persecuted, but God does not leave us. We are hurt sometimes, but we are not destroyed.
The good thing about failing is that you learn from it. Learn from mistakes so you don’t keep repeating them.
5. Proverbs 26:11 Like a dog that returns to its vomit, a fool does the same foolish things again and again.
6. Psalm 119:71 It was good for me to be afflicted so that I could learn Your statutes.
Sometimes before we even fail because of anxious thoughts we feel like failures. We think what if it doesn’t work, what if God doesn’t answer. We must not let fear overtake us. We must trust in the Lord. Go to the Lord in prayer. If a door is for you to enter, then it will remain open. If God closes a door don’t worry because He has an even better one open for you. Spend time with Him in prayer and allow Him to guide.
7. Revelation 3:8 I know your works. Because you have limited strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name, look, I have placed before you an open door that no one is able to close.
8. Psalm 40:2-3 He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the Lord.
9. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don’t depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and he will give you success.
10. 2 Timothy 1:7 The Spirit God gave us does not make us afraid. His Spirit is a source of power and love and self-control.
God will help us when we do fail. But remember if we do fail He has a good reason in allowing it to happen. We might not understand it at that moment, but God will prove to be faithful in the end.
11. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD is the one who is going ahead of you. He will be with you. He won’t abandon you or leave you. So don’t be afraid or terrified.”
12. Psalm 37:23-24 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
13. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
14. Micah 7:8 Our enemies have no reason to gloat over us. We have fallen, but we will rise again. We are in darkness now, but the Lord will give us light.
15. Psalm 145:14 He helps those who are in trouble; he lifts those who have fallen.
God did not reject you.
16. Isaiah 41:9 I brought you from the ends of the earth and called you from its farthest corners. I said to you: You are My servant; I have chosen you and not rejected you.
Forget about the past and press on towards the eternal prize.
17. Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have attained this. Instead I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
18. Isaiah 43:18 So don’t remember what happened in earlier times. Don’t think about what happened a long time ago.
19. Lamentations 3:22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
2o. Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Continually confess your sins and make war with sin.
21. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
True failure is when you quit and stay down.
22. Hebrews 10:26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left.
23. 2 Peter 2:21 It would be better if they had never known the way to righteousness than to know it and then reject the command they were given to live a holy life.
24. Galatians 5:16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
25. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.