Bible verses about extortion
Christians are to have nothing to do with blackmailing and extortion, which is indeed sin. It doesn’t matter if it has to do with money, something valuable, or someone’s secret we are to love each other.
Love does no harm to its neighbor. We are to treat others the same way we want to be treated.
Any type of dishonest gain will take you to hell so we must turn from evil, and trust in Christ.
What does the Bible say?
1. Luke 3:14 Even some soldiers were asking him, “And what should we do?” He told them, “Never extort money from anyone by threats or blackmail, and be satisfied with your pay.”‘
2. Psalm 62:10 Put no trust in extortion; set no vain hopes on robbery; if riches increase, set not your heart on them.
3. Ecclesiastes 7:7 Extortion turns a wise person into a fool, and a bribe corrupts the heart.
5. Ezekiel 18:18 As for his father, because he practiced extortion, robbed his brother, and did what is not good among his people, behold, he shall die for his iniquity.
6. Isaiah 33:15 Those who walk righteously and speak what is right, who reject gain from extortion and keep their hands from accepting bribes, who stop their ears against plots of murder and shut their eyes against contemplating evil
7. Ezekiel 22:12 In you they take bribes to shed blood; you take interest and profit and make gain of your neighbors by extortion; but me you have forgotten, declares the Lord GOD.
Treat others with respect
8. Matthew 7:12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
9. Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would have them do to you.
10. Romans 13:10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
11. Galatians 5:14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
12. Galatians 6:10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers
13. 1 Thessalonians 4:11 And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,
14. Ephesians 4:28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.
15. 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.