Bible verses about eating disorders
Many people struggle with eating disorders like anorexia nervosa, binge eating disorder, and bulimia nervosa, which is another form of self harm. God can help! Satan tells people lies and says, this is what you need to look like and this is what you need to do to make it happen.
Christians are to put on the full armor of God to block the devil’s lying because he was a liar from the beginning.
People struggle with body image because of what is seen on TV, social media, bullying, and more. Christians are to take care of our bodies not destroy them.
I know it might be hard, but with all problems you must admit you have a problem and seek help from the Lord and others.
Scripture continually tells us that we must take our eyes off of self. Once we stop focusing on ourselves and body image, we focus on what truly matters. We set our minds on the Lord.
We see how much He truly loves us and how He really sees us. God bought us with a high price. Nothing can compare to the great price that was paid for you on the cross.
God’s love is poured out on the cross for you. Honor God with your body. Keep your mind on Christ. Spend time with God in prayer and seek help from others. Never remain silent. If you need help with gluttony read, what does the Bible say about gluttony?
What does the Bible say?
1. Psalm 139:14 I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well.
2. Song of Solomon 4:7 My darling, everything about you is beautiful, and there is nothing at all wrong with you.
3. Proverbs 31:30 Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.
4. Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
5. Romans 12:1 Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God’s compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you.
6. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Don’t you know that your body is a temple that belongs to the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit, whom you received from God, lives in you. You don’t belong to yourselves. You were bought for a price. So bring glory to God in the way you use your body.
Should I tell someone? Yes
7. James 5:16 So admit your sins to each other, and pray for each other so that you will be healed. Prayers offered by those who have God’s approval are effective.
8. Proverbs 11:14 A nation will fall when there is no direction, but with many advisers there is victory.
The power of prayer
9. Psalm 145:18 The Lord is near all who call out to Him, all who call out to Him with integrity.
10. Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
11. Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
When temptation comes.
12. Mark 14:38 All of you must stay awake and pray that you won’t be tempted. The spirit is indeed willing, but the body is weak.”
13. 1 Corinthians 10:13 The only temptations that you have are the same temptations that all people have. But you can trust God. He will not let you be tempted more than you can bear. But when you are tempted, God will also give you a way to escape that temptation. Then you will be able to endure it.
Pray to the Spirit daily, the Holy Spirit will help.
14. Romans 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Focus on God’s love for you. His love causes us to accept ourselves and love others.
15. Zephaniah 3:17 For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
16. Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
17. 1 John 4:16-19 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.
God will never forget you.
18. Isaiah 49:16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
19. Psalm 118:6 The LORD is on my side. I am not afraid. What can mortals do to me?
We must not put our confidence in ourselves, but instead put it in the Lord.
20. Psalm 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
21. Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD; Trust him, and he will act.
22. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not rely on your own understanding; think about Him in all your ways, and He will guide you on the right paths.
The Lord will give you strength.
23. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
24. Isaiah 40:29 He’s the one who gives might to the faint, renewing strength for the powerless.
25. Psalm 29:11 The Lord will give strength to his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.
26. Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Take your mind off of the things of the world. Worry about what God thinks about you.
27. Colossians 3:2 Let heaven fill your thoughts; don’t spend your time worrying about things down here.
28. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
29. 1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Eliab is tall and handsome, but don’t judge by things like that. God doesn’t look at what people see. People judge by what is on the outside, but the Lord looks at the heart. Eliab is not the right man.”
30. Psalm 147:3 He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.