Bible verses about donating money
It is always good to give and donate and God will remember the kindness you have shown to others. The truth is most of us in America have the ability to give, but we’re so self-centered.
We say we can’t give to the poor so we can have money for our wants and things we don’t need. Why do you think it’s so hard for the rich to get into Heaven? Use the wealth that God gave you wisely and help others that are in need. Don’t do it grudgingly, but have empathy for others and give cheerfully.
Do it in secret
1. Matthew 6:1-2 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
2. Matthew 6:3-4 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
3. Matthew 23:5 “Everything they do is done for people to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long;
Are you storing up treasures in Heaven?
4. Matthew 6:20-21 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
5. 1 Timothy 6:17-19 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.
What does the Bible say?
6. Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
7. Proverbs 19:17 One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, And He will repay him for his good deed.
8. Matthew 25:40 “And the King will say, ‘I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!’
9. Proverbs 22:9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
10. Proverbs 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.
11. Psalm 41:1 For the director of music. A psalm of David. Blessed are those who have regard for the weak; the LORD delivers them in times of trouble.
12. Deuteronomy 15:7-8 If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need.
13. 2 Corinthians 9:6-7 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
14. Deuteronomy 15:10-11 Give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the LORD your God will bless you in everything you do. There will always be some in the land who are poor. That is why I am commanding you to share freely with the poor and with other Israelites in need.
15. Proverbs 21:26 He coveteth greedily all the day long: but the righteous giveth and spareth not.
Everything you have is for God.
16. Psalm 24:1 Of David. A psalm. The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;
17. Deuteronomy 8:18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
18. 1 Corinthians 4:2 Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.
19. Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
20. Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
21. 1 Chronicles 29:4-5 I am donating more than 112 tons of gold from Ophir and 262 tons of refined silver to be used for overlaying the walls of the buildings and for the other gold and silver work to be done by the craftsmen. Now then, who will follow my example and give offerings to the LORD today?”