Bible verses about determination
As believers we should rejoice that we have the Holy Spirit to help us with determination and strength to continue our walk of faith. Everything in this world seeks to bring us down, but putting your mind on Christ gives you determination to keep on going when times get hard.
These Scriptures are for when you get discouraged about faith and everyday life. God is always on our side and he will never leave us.
He will always guide us in life and help us through everything. With the Lord’s strength Christians can do and overcome anything. Get rid of doubt, stress, and fear by trusting in the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul.
Continue to keep fighting for the Lord and keep your eyes on the eternal prize. Rely on the Spirit, read Scripture daily for encouragement, and get alone with God and pray daily. You’re not alone.
God will always work in your life. He will do the things you can’t do. Commit to His Word and commit to His will.
I believe in Jesus Christ, and I believe He gave me the passion and determination to continue surfing. You fall off the horse, and you get back on. I had to go for it. Bethany Hamilton
Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you. Denis Waitley
You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction. George Horace Lorimer
1. Proverbs 12:24 The hand of the diligent will rule, while the slothful will be put to forced labor.
2. Proverbs 20:13 Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread.
3. Proverbs 14:23 In hard work there is always something gained, but idle talk leads only to poverty.
4. 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you; That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.
Fighting the good fight
5. 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize.
6. 2 Timothy 4:7 I have fought the good fight. I have completed the race. I have kept the faith.
7. 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
8. Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.
Mindset: Who can stop you?
9. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
10. Romans 8:31-32 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
11. Isaiah 8:10 Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted; propose your plan, but it will not stand, for God is with us.
12. Psalm 118:6-8 The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? Yes, the LORD is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in people.
When in hard times
13. Hebrews 12:3 Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
14. Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”
15. Psalm 23:3-4 He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
16. James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
17. Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
18. 2 Thessalonians 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
19. Titus 3:14 Our people must learn to devote themselves to doing what is good, in order to provide for urgent needs and not live unproductive lives.
Pleasing the Lord
20. 2 Corinthians 5:9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.
21. Psalm 40:8 I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart.”
22. Colossians 1:10-11 so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience,
23. Romans 15:4-5 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,
24. John 14:16-17 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.
25. Numbers 13:29-30 The Amalekites live in the Negev, and the Hittites, Jebusites, and Amorites live in the hill country. The Canaanites live along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and along the Jordan Valley.” But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said. “We can certainly conquer it!”