Bible verses about competition
When it comes to sports is competing bad? No, but one sure way to be miserable in life and displease God is to compete with each other. Don’t you see that the world follows Satan. Satan tried to compete with God just like the world tries to compete with each other. Keep your mind on Christ and Christ alone.
Don’t say my neighbor bought a new car now I need a new car. My neighbors child did this now I need to push my child to do that. People even try their best to compete with celebrities do you not see how ridiculous it is?
Don’t live your life by how someone else lives their life that is not what Christians do. All we have is Christ so we live our lives for Him. Your next breath is going to be because of Christ. Your next step is going to be because of Christ. Don’t waste your life by trying to be like the world.
If you keep your mind on Christ and put your hope in God’s Word I assure you that you will be at peace. With that said live for Christ and not man and give Him your all. Be content and instead of finding joy in competition find joy in Christ.
What does the Bible say?
1. Ecclesiastes 4:4-6 Then I observed that most people are motivated to success because they envy their neighbors. But this, too, is meaningless–like chasing the wind. “Fools fold their idle hands, leading them to ruin.” And yet, “Better to have one handful with quietness than two handfuls with hard work and chasing the wind.”
2. Galatians 6:4 Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.
3. Luke 16:15 And he said to them, “You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God.
4. Philippians 2:3-4 Do nothing out of rivalry or conceit, but in humility consider others as more important than yourselves. Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.
5. Galatians 5:19-20 Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions.
6. Romans 12:2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
7. James 3:14-15 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don’t cover up the truth with boasting and lying. For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic.
8. Galatians 5:24-26 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
9. Proverbs 14:30 A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.
Do it all for the Lord.
10. 1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
11. Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men
12. Ephesians 6:7 Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people.
13. Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
14. Isaiah 5:8 Woe to those who join house to house, who add field to field, until there is no more room, and you are made to dwell alone in the midst of the land.
15. Luke 9:46-48 An argument started among the disciples as to which of them would be the greatest. Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him. Then he said to them, “Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. For it is the one who is least among you all who is the greatest.”