Bible verses about cancer
Don’t waste your cancer! Don’t allow it to break you! Don’t allow it to lead you into despair! Many godly people ask what did I do God? Always remember what Scripture says, many are the afflictions of the righteous.
There is always glory in suffering. The worst things that we can imagine in our life on earth are not worthy to be compared to our life with Christ in Heaven.
You lose the battle to cancer if you have the woe is me attitude even if you live through it.
I’ve met courageous Christians who have beaten cancer and have more joy in Christ than ever.
I’ve also met courageous Christians who beat cancer even though God has brought them home from it.
You can waste your cancer by not seeing the beauty of it. You can waste it by not using it to get closer to Christ. You can waste it by not being an inspiration and testimony to others.
You can also waste it by not having a new affection for God’s Word. Whether it’s lung, colorectal, prostate, liver, leukemia, skin, ovarian, breast cancer, etc.
You can defeat it in Christ. Have faith in the Lord my fellow Christians because He always has a plan and all things work together for good. Trials only make you stronger.
Seek peace in the Lord and continually thank Him. You have hope in the Lord so continue to commit to Him.
Use cancer to revive your prayer life and meditate on His laws. Don’t be discouraged! He loves you and He is faithful.
Love God as well and remember love bears all things. Don’t let trials break you. Use it as a testimony, and hold on to the Lord’s promises. Treasure and hold on to Jesus because He will never let go!
- “He can heal me. I believe He will. I believe I’m going to be an old surely Baptist preacher. And even if He doesn’t…that’s the thing: I’ve read Philippians 1. I know what Paul says. I’m here let’s work, if I go home? That’s better. I understand that.” Matt Chandler
- When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live. Stuart Scott
- You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.
- “There is a ‘can’ in cancer, because we CAN beat it”
- Don’t count the days make the days count.
- “Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.” Lance Armstrong,
The depth of God’s love for you.
1. Romans 8:37-39 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
What does the Bible say?
2. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
3. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies.
4. John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
5. Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
He will never forsake you.
6. Psalm 9:10 Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
7. Psalm 94:14 For the LORD will not reject his people; he will never forsake his inheritance.
8. Isaiah 41:10 fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Call upon the Lord
9. Psalm 50:15 Then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.”
10. Psalm 120:1 In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me.
11. Psalm 55:22 Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Refuge in the Lord
12. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him.
13. Psalm 9:9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
14. Ephesians 6:10 A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
15. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.
God is forever faithful.
16. Psalm 100:5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
17. Psalm 145:9-10 The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. All your works praise you, LORD; your faithful people extol you.
Trust in God. He has a plan.
18. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Isaiah 55:9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
20. Romans 15:4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
21. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
22. 2 Corinthians 1:4-7 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.
You will always find joy in Christ