Bible verses about braggers
In Scripture we see that God does not approve of boasters. God commands us to humble ourselves before Him. Showing off and praising yourself never gives God glory. If you are going to boast than boast in the Lord. A good example of sinful braggers in Scripture were the self-righteous Pharisees. Be on guard because pride stops people from seeing the truth and makes people think they are something or are better than others, which is not true. Always live with humility. Boast to everyone what Christ did on that cross for us.
What does the Bible say?
1. 1 Corinthians 13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
2. 2 Timothy 3:1-5 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.
3. Matthew 6:1 “Watch out! Don’t do your good deeds publicly, to be admired by others, for you will lose the reward from your Father in heaven.
4. 1 Samuel 2:3 “Do not keep talking so proudly or let your mouth speak such arrogance, for the LORD is a God who knows, and by him deeds are weighed.
5. Matthew 6:2 When you give to someone in need, don’t do as the hypocrites do–blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity! I tell you the truth, they have received all the reward they will ever get.
6. Psalm 5:5 The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers.
7. Romans 1:30-32 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
8. Jude 1:16 These people are grumblers and faultfinders; they follow their own evil desires; they boast about themselves and flatter others for their own advantage.
9. Proverbs 29:23 A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.
10. Proverbs 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
11. Proverbs 15:33 Wisdom’s instruction is to fear the LORD, and humility comes before honor.
12. Psalm 138:6 Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud.
13. 1 Peter 5:6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
14. Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
15. Ephesians 4:23-24 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
16. Romans 13:14 Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh.
17. Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
18. 1 Corinthians 11:1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ.
Glory of God
19. Corinthians 10:31 So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
20. Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
21. Luke 18:12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.