A few decades ago tattoos were sinful in Christianity. Now as we get closer to the coming of the Antichrist and more and more celebrities are getting tattoos all over their bodies, Christians want to follow. Tattoos are a mockery to God and one of the most ridiculous things ever is they even have Christian tattoo shops.
You can not put the Christian name tag on something that is pagan. Many people don’t want Christ they would rather follow the trends of this world and add His name in there to follow them. Look at the worldly things we are seeing inside the churches of America. These are the same lukewarm people who Christ will spit out. Deny yourself and follow Christ. God is holy He is not like you and me. Just because you find it cool doesn’t mean He finds it cool.
1. What does the Bible say?
Leviticus 19:28 You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead or tattoo yourselves: I am the LORD.
2. It is clearly conforming to the world. The world is getting worse and Christianity is trying to be like the culture. Tattoos do not glorify God. Satan wants people to think it’s OK God doesn’t care. We are in the last days. He is deceiving many Christians. God desires holiness not worldliness.
Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.
James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world means enmity against God? Therefore, anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
3. Do not worship and honor God the same way the world honors their gods.
Deuteronomy 12:4 “Do not worship the LORD your God in the way these pagan peoples worship their gods.
Jeremiah 10:2 This is what the LORD says: “Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the heavens, though the nations are terrified by them.
Leviticus 20:23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them.
4. People say things like, “this tattoo means something.” This is just a way of getting a tattoo. I want a tattoo and I’m going to justify getting one by making it Christ centered or getting someone’s name. Don’t deceive yourself. Is the real reason that you want one because you think it looks cool? PS. When I was an unbeliever I used this excuse, but deep down I just thought it looked cool and wanted to be like everyone else. God is not fooled.
Proverbs 16:2 All a person’s ways seem pure to them, but motives are weighed by the LORD.
1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?
5. Idolatry: Christian themed tattoos are rebelling against the second commandment.
Exodus 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
6. Tattoos have roots in witchcraft.
1 Kings 18:28 So they shouted louder, and following their normal custom, they cut themselves with knives and swords until the blood gushed out.
1 Corinthians 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.
7. Tattoos are permanent and your body is for God. Do not defile His temple.
Romans 12:1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.
8. Who are we to alter God’s image?
Genesis 1:27 So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
9. Evil worldly appearance.
10. The fact that you are here shows that you might have some doubts. Maybe something is telling you maybe I shouldn’t get it and if you still get it that is sin.
Romans 14:23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.
End times: People don’t want to hear the truth anymore they will do all they can to justify their rebellion.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
If you are thinking about getting one don’t do it. If you got a tattoo before accepting Christ like I did Jesus took the punishment for your sins. If you are Christian and you got a tattoo after you were saved repent and do not do it again.