Bible verses about being naive
There are so many gullible Christians who just believe every false teaching they’re told. Instead of reading Scripture to find out if the teaching was accurate they would rather believe it and live it out.
Why do you think cults go after the naive? Sometimes so-called Christians deliberately let themselves be deceived. We must gain knowledge by reading God’s Word Daily.
On Judgement Day we can’t tell God, “I’m sorry, but that false teacher tricked me” because God is going to say, “I never knew you, depart from me.”
Here’s an easy way for not being duped. If it has to do with any type of evil don’t believe it. If your conscience is telling you don’t believe it then don’t believe it.
“Don’t believe everything you’re told.”
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 14:15 The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.
2. Proverbs 14:18 The naive inherit foolishness, But the sensible are crowned with knowledge.
3. 2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.
4. Proverbs 1:22 “How long will you gullible people love being so gullible? How long will you mockers find joy in your mocking? How long will you fools hate knowledge?”
5. Proverbs 27:12 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.
6. Proverbs 22:3 The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty.
7. Proverbs 1:32 For the waywardness of the naive will kill them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them.
Don’t be deceived by false teachers.
8. Romans 16:18 For such persons do not serve our Lord Christ, but their own appetites, and by smooth talk and flattery they deceive the hearts of the naive.
9. Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.
10. Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
11. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.
12. Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
13. Proverbs 8:5 You simple people, use good judgment. You foolish people, show some understanding.
14. 1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.
15. Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.
Be on guard by meditating on the Word of God.
16. Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
17. Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
18. Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.
19. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
20. Proverbs 7:7 And I saw among the naive, And discerned among the youths A young man lacking sense.
21. 1 Corinthians 3:18-20 Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is folly with God. For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,” and again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.”
22. Proverbs 21:10-11 The soul of the wicked desires evil; His neighbor finds no favor in his eyes. When the scoffer is punished, the naive becomes wise; But when the wise is instructed, he receives knowledge.