Bible verses about being calm
In life there will be times when it’s hard to remain calm, but instead of worrying and dwelling on the problem we must seek the Lord. It is crucial that we get away from all the noise around us and all the noise in our heart and find a quiet place to be with God. There is nothing like being alone in the presence of the Lord. There have been times in my life when anxious thoughts have filled my mind.
The treatment that always helps me is to go outside where there is peace and quiet and talk to the Lord.
God will provide His children with a peace and comfort unlike no other when we come to Him. The problem is when we are so worried about things we refuse to come to Him even though He has the power to help us.
Put your trust in the Lord. Did you forget that He is omnipotent? The Holy Spirit will help you in staying calm in tough situations.
Allow God to work in your life and use trials for good. For more help I encourage you to read God’s Word daily for encouragement.
- Calmness is the way we show that we are trusting in God
- Staying calm in the storm makes a difference.
- Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child.
God wants His children to remain calm.
1. Isaiah 7:4 Say to him, ‘Be careful, keep calm and don’t be afraid. Do not lose heart because of these two smoldering stubs of firewood–because of the fierce anger of Rezin and Aram and of the son of Remaliah.
2. Judges 6:23 “Calm down! Don’t be afraid.” the LORD replied. “You’re not going to die!”
3. Exodus 14:14 The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”
God can calm the storm in your life and in your heart.
4. Mark 4:39-40 And He got up and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Hush, be still.” And the wind died down and it became perfectly calm. And He said to them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?”
5. Psalm 107:29-30 He calmed the storm and its waves quieted down. So they rejoiced that the waves became quiet, and he led them to their desired haven.
6. Psalm 89:8-9 LORD God of the Heavenly Armies, who is as mighty as you, LORD? Your faithfulness surrounds you. You rule over the majestic sea; when its waves surge, you calm them.
7. Zechariah 10:11 The LORD will cross the sea of storms and will calm its turbulence. The depths of the Nile will dry up, the pride of Assyria will be humbled, and the domination of Egypt will be no more.
8. Psalm 65:5-7 With awesome deeds of justice you will answer us, God our Deliverer; you are the confidence for everyone at the ends of the earth, even for those far away overseas. The One who established the mountains by his strength is clothed with omnipotence. He calmed the roar of seas, the roaring of the waves, and the turmoil of the peoples.
God will help you.
9. Zephaniah 3:17 For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”
10. Psalm 94:18-19 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.
11. Psalm 121:1-2 I look up to the mountains–does my help come from there? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth!
12. Psalm 33:20-22 We wait on the LORD; he is our help and our shield. Indeed, our heart will rejoice in him, because we have placed our trust in his holy name. LORD, may your gracious love be upon us, even as we hope in you.
13. Matthew 11:28-29 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Staying calm in anger situations.
14. Psalm 37:8 Calm your anger and abandon wrath. Don’t be angry— it only leads to evil.
15. Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, But the slow to anger calms a dispute.
16. Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
17. Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower. A righteous person runs to it and is safe.
Staying calm in hard times.
18. James 1:12 A man who endures trials is blessed, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.
19. John 16:33 I have told you this so that through me you may have peace. In the world you’ll have trouble, but be courageous—I’ve overcome the world!”
Trust in the Lord.
20. Isaiah 12:2 “Look! God—yes God—is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid. For the LORD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
21. Psalm 37:3-7 Trust in the Lord and do good. Dwell in the land and feed on faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; Trust him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as a light, and your justice as the noonday sun. Be silent in the Lord’s presence and wait patiently for him. Don’t be angry because of the one whose way prospers or the one who implements evil schemes.
Things to think about for remaining calm.
22. Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
23. Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
God is near.
24. Lamentations 3:57 You came near on the day I called to you; you said, “Do not fear!”
25. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love, and sound judgment.
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous; don’t be terrified or afraid of them. For it is the LORD your God who goes with you; He will not leave you or forsake you.”