Bible verses about being alone
Sometimes as Christians we will have to be alone. Sometimes we have to withdraw from the crowd like Jesus did and commit to the Lord in prayer. Yes, there is a time to have fellowship with other believers, but there is also a time to have fellowship with our Lord. How about if I’m actually alone you ask? Maybe you are not married yet or maybe you don’t have a lot of friends and family.
I know it can cause us hurt inside. Feeling alone is a time when we are to build a stronger relationship with the Lord by drawing closer to Him in prayer. Only God can fill the emptiness. Have you ever wondered why God has so many names?
The God of peace, the God of comfort, etc. He actually is peace and more. He actually gives us these things. Sometimes when we are alone, it can discourage us and cause us to lose sight of God.
If we kept our focus on the Lord we would know and understand that we are never alone. God is always close by and He’s near right now. God is working in your life for His purposes so never think He’s far because His holy presence goes before you.
Ask God to give you comfort. Go find a quiet place. Talk to God like you would a friend. He won’t turn you away. When you start building your prayer life you will feel more and more of His awesome presence in your life.
The peace that God gives us when our focus is on Him is unexplainable. His peace makes you stop worrying about everything else that is troubling you. He reminds us that He loves us and we are not to worry because He will take care of us. Just thinking about it excites me.
God is faithful. You can talk to Him while you are walking, cooking, etc. Rely on His strength and trust in God to help. Find the blessing in all situations. See how can I use my situation to grow, get closer to God, advance God’s kingdom, etc.
- “You are never left alone when you are alone with God.” Woodrow Kroll
- God is whispering ‘you are not alone.
What does the Bible say?
1. Genesis 2:18 Then the LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.”
2. Ecclesiastes 4:9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
God is living inside all believers.
3. John 14:16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another helper who will be with you forever.
4. 2 John 1:2 because of the truth, which lives in us and will be with us forever:
5. Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Rejoice! The Lord is always with you.
6. Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, because I’m with you; don’t be anxious, because I am your God. I keep on strengthening you; I’m truly helping you. I’m surely upholding you with my victorious right hand.”
7. Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD is the one who is going ahead of you. He will be with you. He won’t abandon you or leave you. So don’t be afraid or terrified.”
8. Exodus 33:14 He said, “My presence will go with you, and I’ll give you rest.”
9. Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
10. Psalm 27:10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
Cry out to God. Let Him heal your pain and give you a peace like no other.
11. Psalm 25:15-16 My eyes are always on the Lord, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress.
12. Psalm 34:17-18 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is near the brokenhearted; He saves those crushed in spirit.
13. Psalm 10:17 You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,
14. Psalm 54:4 Behold, God is my helper; The Lord is the sustainer of my soul.
15. Then God’s peace, which goes far beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your hearts and minds in union with the Messiah Jesus.
16. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful.
17. Psalm 147:3-5 He is the healer of the brokenhearted. He is the one who bandages their wounds. He determines the number of stars. He gives each one a name. Our Lord is great, and his power is great. There is no limit to his understanding.
Be strong in the Lord.
19. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Don’t fear or tremble before them, because the LORD your God will be the one who keeps on walking with you—he won’t leave you or abandon you.”
20. 1 Corinthians 16:13 Stay alert, stand firm in the faith, show courage, be strong.
21. 2 Corinthians 1:3 Praise the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort.
22. Deuteronomy 4:7 For what great nation has a god as near to them as the LORD our God is near to us whenever we call on him?
Sometimes we have to stand alone in this evil world.
23. Genesis 6:9-13 This is the account of Noah and his family. Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked faithfully with God. Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham and Japheth. Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight and was full of violence. God saw how corrupt the earth had become, for all the people on earth had corrupted their ways. So God said to Noah, “I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.
Sometimes being alone is necessary so we can spend time with the Lord in prayer and in His Word.
24. Mark 1:35 Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray.
25. Luke 5:15-16 The news about Jesus spread even more. Large crowds gathered to hear him and have their diseases cured. But he would go away to places where he could be alone for prayer.
Bonus: God has not and will not ever forget you.
Isaiah 49:15-16 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.