Bible verses about being a blessing to others
Scripture makes it clear that God blesses us not so we can live with greed, but so we can bless others. God loves a cheerful giver. When He sees that someone is giving freely out of love, God blesses them more. We are blessed to be a blessing. God has given everyone different talents to be used for the benefit of others.
You can be a blessing to others by speaking kind words, volunteering in your community, giving to charity, sharing things, giving food, sharing your testimony, praying for someone in need, listening to someone, etc.
There is always an opportunity to bless someone. The more we seek to bless others, God will provide for us and open more doors to accomplish His will. Let’s find out below more ways we can bless others.
- “The greatest blessing the whole world is being a blessing.” Jack Hyles
- When God blesses you financially, don’t raise your standard of living. Raise your standard of giving. Mark Batterson
- God didn’t add another day to your life because you needed it. He did it because someone out there needs you!
- A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” Steve Maraboli
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 11:25-26 Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered. The people curse him who holds back grain, but a blessing is on the head of him who sells it.
2. 2 Corinthians 9:8-11 Besides, God is able to make every blessing of yours overflow for you, so that in every situation you will always have all you need for any good work. As it is written, “He scatters everywhere and gives to the poor; his righteousness lasts forever.” Now he who supplies seed to the farmer and bread to eat will also supply you with seed and multiply it and enlarge the harvest that results from your righteousness. In every way you will grow richer and become even more generous, and this will cause others to give thanks to God because of us,
3. Luke 12:48 But someone who does not know, and then does something wrong, will be punished only lightly. When someone has been given much, much will be required in return; and when someone has been entrusted with much, even more will be required.
4. 2 Corinthians 9:6 Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously.
5. Romans 12:13 Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
Encouraging and sympathizing with others.
6. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 So encourage each other to build each other up, just as you are already doing.
7. Galatians 6:2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
8. Romans 15:1 But we who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak, and not just please ourselves.
9. Hebrews 13:16 And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.
Spreading the Gospel
10. Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
11. Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!”
Praying for others
12. Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
13. James 5:16 So confess your sins to one another and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great effectiveness.
14. 1 Timothy 2:1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.
Correcting someone who is going astray
15. James 5:20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
16. Galatians 6:1 Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted.
17. Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
18. Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before people in such a way that they will see your good actions and glorify your Father in heaven.
19. Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
20. Proverbs 16:24 Kind words are like honey sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.
21. Matthew 20:28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
22. John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
23. Zechariah 8:18-23 Here is another message that came to me from the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: The traditional fasts and times of mourning you have kept in early summer, midsummer, autumn, and winter are now ended. They will become festivals of joy and celebration for the people of Judah. So love truth and peace. “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: People from nations and cities around the world will travel to Jerusalem. The people of one city will say to the people of another, ‘Come with us to Jerusalem to ask the Lord to bless us. Let’s worship the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. I’m determined to go. Many peoples and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord of Heaven’s Armies and to ask for his blessing. “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: In those days ten men from different nations and languages of the world will clutch at the sleeve of one Jew. And they will say, ‘Please let us walk with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’”
24. Genesis 12:1-3 The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you. I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. I will bless those who bless you and curse those who treat you with contempt. All the families on earth will be blessed through you.
25. Genesis 18:18-19 “For Abraham will certainly become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through him. I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just. Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised.”