Bible verses about adversity
Right now life may seem hard for you, but God will help you get through these tough times. God can turn your worst day into your best day. Sometimes we make it seem as if we’re the only ones going through trials, but we’re not.
Every Christian has dealt with or is dealing with some type of adversity. It could be persecution, unemployment, family problems, etc.
Whatever the problem know that God is near to comfort you. He is near to encourage you and help you. In all suffering ask yourself what can I learn from this situation? Use this situation to get closer to the Lord.
After reading these Scripture quotes, pour your heart out to God. He wants you to trust Him and build a closer relationship.
All things work together for good. Always remember that hardships in life make you stronger. Continually pray and commit to the Lord and He will make your path straight.
- “Stars can’t shine without darkness.”
- “Often times God demonstrates His faithfulness in adversity by providing for us what we need to survive. He does not change our painful circumstances. He sustains us through them.” Charles Stanley
- “If you know people in your church or your neighborhood that are facing adversity, I encourage you to offer a hand of friendship to them. That is what Jesus would do.” Jonathan Falwell
- “Faith is tested in the face of adversity” Dune Elliot
What does the Bible say?
1. Proverbs 24:10 If you faint in the day of trouble, your strength is small!
2. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 In every way we’re troubled, but we aren’t crushed by our troubles. We’re frustrated, but we don’t give up. We’re persecuted, but we’re not abandoned. We’re captured, but we’re not killed. We always carry around the death of Jesus in our bodies so that the life of Jesus is also shown in our bodies.
3. Romans 5:3-5 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
You should be surrounded by believers for comfort and help in times of adversity.
4. Proverbs 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
5. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
6. Isaiah 26:3 You, Lord, give true peace to those who depend on you, because they trust you.
7. John 14:27 “I leave you peace; my peace I give you. I do not give it to you as the world does. So don’t let your hearts be troubled or afraid.
Call on the Lord
8. Psalm 22:11 Be not far from me, For adversity is near, for there is no helper.
9. Psalm 50:15 And call Me in a day of adversity, I deliver thee, and thou honourest Me.
10. 1 Peter 5:6-7 Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, so that at the proper time he may exalt you. Throw all your worry on him, because he cares for you.
11. Psalm 9:9 And Jehovah is a tower for the bruised, A tower for times of adversity.
12. Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
13. Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
14. Psalm 145:13-17 For your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. You rule throughout all generations. The LORD always keeps his promises; he is gracious in all he does. The LORD helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing. The LORD is righteous in everything he does; he is filled with kindness.
15. Nahum 1:7 The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him.
16. Psalm 59:16-17 And I — I sing of Thy strength, And I sing at morn of Thy kindness, For thou hast been a tower to me, And a refuge for me in a day of adversity. O my Strength, unto Thee I sing praise, For God is my tower, the God of my kindness!
God loves you: Do not fear the Lord is near.
17. Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
18. Psalm 23:4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.
19. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.
20. Ecclesiastes 7:13 In the day of prosperity be joyful, but in the day of adversity, consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man cannot discover anything that will come after him.
21. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
22. 1 Corinthians 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
23. Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
24. Romans 8:28 We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God-those whom he has called according to his plan.
Fight the good fight
25. 1 Timothy 6:12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.